|Fuel and Maintenance||$10,000.00+ per show season, annual average for kms travelled: 75,000 km|
|Entry Fees||$10,000.00+ per show season|
|Stabling||$20,000.00+ per year|
|Coaching / Training||$10,000.00+ per year|
|Farrier / Therapies and other Modalities||$6,000.00+ per year|
|Veterinary Care||$7,000.00+ per year|
|Total annual expenses:||$63,000.00+|
Did you know that the horse industry contributes a total of 19.6 billion dollars to the Canadian economy annually!
Audience Demographic at Advanced Level Competitions:
Source: The United States Equestrian Federation profile of 80,000 members and audiences at federation events.
- Females comprise 85% of participants
- The average age is 39
- 40% earn an excess of 150k per year
- 80% have a college degree
- The average home value is 412,000 USD
- 81% own their primary residence outright
- 15% own a second home
- 78% are members of a frequent flyer program
- 97% have one or more credit cards
- 55% of the automobiles owned were purchased with the last year
- Participate in approximately 14 events per year
- Own an average of 5 horses each
Average Equestrian Demographic in North America (focus on Canada):
Source: Equine Canada / Hippique Canada, 2010 Canadian Equine Industry Profile Study
- Female (75% of those interviewed)
- BRAND loyal consumers
- “Baby-boomer” generation (median age 50 – 59 years of age)
- 46% national industry rider participation age is between 40-59 years of age
- Well-educated (85% with some post secondary education)
- The national average annual income of horse owners to non-horse owners who earn over 100k per year is 4-1.
- In Ontario, living in households with a median annual income of $80,000 – $100,000
- The ratio of equestrians who own other pets (dogs and cats) to the general population is 3 to 1.
- There are 15,000,000 people over the age of 12 who ride a horse on a regular basis.
- The attendance at horse related events yearly is almost 100,000,000
- In Ontario, 42% of people get their information from the Internet
- In Ontario, 41% of people get their information from industry magazines
Industry HIGHLIGHTS from 2011 Equine Canada Study of General Economic Contribution, P10, Chapter 5
- The horse industry contributes more than $19 billion annually to the Canadian economy
- The Canadian horse industry supports more than 154,000 jobs in Canada – one full-time job for every 6.25 horses in Canada
- The Canadian horse industry generates $13,555,283,212 ($13.5 billion) in annual expenditures for production, care and activities with horses.
- The total annual economic contribution to the Canadian economy from horses and
activities with horses is $19,655,160,657 ($19.6 billion).
- There are an estimated 855,000 people active in the horse industry in 2010 – 556,000 living in horse-owning households and an additional 350,400 involved using horses owned by others
There are more adults participating than children in 2010 – participation is 59% adult / 41% children
What O’Hanlon Eventing can provide:
Equine Canada has established that 83% of information sourced to audience comes from Internet and Magazines, we offer the following:
- Sponsor exposure on various platforms including:
- Selenaohanlon.ca website with feature sponsor splash page and write up
- Selenaohanlon.ca blog entries at major competition and at home
- Industry circulated blog at a major industry magazine website: Morag’s blog at Horse-Canada.com
- Social Media exposure through a strategic social media strategy including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook
- Local exposure when featured in local papers. Latest article was featured in the front page of the sports section on The Whig Standard. For a full media coverage visit the website at: http://www.selenaohanlon.ca/_home/media
- Local exposure for annual events held at Balsam Hall, Kingston, ON, Canada
- Use your product. And be in your ads
- Wear your product logo while competing, training, coaching and as a host clinician (abiding with Team Canada (Team) and/or “other” restrictions in accordance with Team policies and regulations)
- Hang your advertising banners at competitions (where permitted) and at home
- Truck or Trailer decal exposure opportunities – average 75,000 km per season equals high profile decal exposure. A direct marketing opportunity.
- Be a spokesperson for your product (Selena is very professional and well spoken and never at
a loss for words). Selena on the CBC radio on O’Hanlon Eventing facebook page https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1410683560933
- Access to an elite, BRAND LOYAL audience\market with proven high income purchasing power totaling 19.6 billion dollars annually.